For my full CV please send me an email to tiare[dot]feuchtner[at]uni-konstanz[dot]de.
|As a computer scientist my main interest lies in HCI (human computer interaction). Currently I am researching
embodied user interfaces for Virtual and Augmented Reality applications. Such interfaces permit users to feel that
they are interacting with the virtual world directly with their own (virtual) bodies, which we can augment and extend
to give them ‘superpowers’.
|Assistant Professor (current)||Human-Computer Interaction Group, University of Konstanz|
|Postdoc||MADE (Digital Assistance Tools) Project, Aarhus University & Virtual and Augmented Reality Group, TU Wien|
|PHD Fellow||Ubiquitous Computing and Interaction group, Aarhus University|
|Visiting Researcher||eventLAB, Universitat de Barcelona|
|Junior Researcher||Telekom Innovation Laboratories (T-Labs)|
|Marketing & PR Manager||Zeppelin Studio|
|Junior Researcher||Austrian Institute of Technology (AIT)|
|PhD of Computer Science (HCI)||Aarhus University, Denmark|
|Master of Computer Science (MSc)||Berlin University of Technology, Germany|
|Bachelor of Computer Science (BSc)||Vienna University of Technology, Austria|
Further experience, skills and awards
Teaching and student supervision
I currently advise two PhD students and continually supervise Master and Bachelor theses and student projects.
At the University of Konstanz, I offer a directed studies course on “Future Challenges and Trends in HCI”, as well as a lecture on “Interaction in Mixed Reality Spaces”.
In the past I was lecturer and course responsible of the “Augmented Reality” and “Advanced AR Project” courses at AU, instructor for the “Virtual Reality” and “VR: Advanced Topics” courses at TU, and have previously assisted in teaching a variety of other university courses at both Master and Bachelor level.
Peer reviewing for Various HCI/VR-related conferences and journals:
CHI, UIST, IEEE VR, VRST, UBICOMP, ISS, DIS, ITS, NordiCHI, MobileHCI, MUM, PerDis, EICS, IDC, IMX, Mensch & Computer,
Applied Sciences Journal, Multimedia Tools & Applications (Springer).
Special Recognition for Outstanding Reviews:
CHI 2020 & 2021, UIST 2020, IMX 2020, DIS 2018.
Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) – Special interest group on human-computer interaction (SIGCHI).
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- CHI 2021 Best Paper Award – Publication: XRgonomics: Facilitating the Creation of Ergonomic 3D Interfaces
- ISS 2019 Best Paper Award (Application Paper) – Publication: Digital Assistance for Quality Assurance
- CHI 2014 Student Game Competition Finalist – Project: Drunken Ed
- Vienna Content Award 2014 Games Category Winner – Project: Schein
- Microsoft Imagine Cup 2013 Game Competition Winner – Project: Schein
- German Developer Award 2013 Newcomer Category Winner – Project: Schein
- German (mother tongue)
- English (full professional proficiency)
- Spanish (minimum professional proficiency)
- French (limited working proficiency)
- Danish (limited working proficiency)
- Video games
- Hiking and climbing